Baptisms and confirmations
St Mary's holds an annual confirmation service, usually involving people from its own congregation and several college chapels. 10.30am.
If you would like to be confirmed or would like to discuss baptism for either yourself or a child, please contact Canon Brian Mountford.
Weddings also are held by arrangement, but there are certain legal requirements that must be fulfilled. If you would like to be married at St Mary's, please contact the Vicar
To be married at St Mary’s, one of you must have:
- been baptised in the parish
- been prepared for confirmation in the parish
- lived at any time in the parish for a period of at least 6 months
- regularly attended at any time Church of England services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months
- at least one parent who, at any time after you were born, has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months, or regularly attended Church of England services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months
- either your parents or grandparents married in the parish.